Sunday 27 January 2019

Churros: a lip-smacking dish

During our recent visit to Mumbai, we happened to do some shopping at the Infinity mall in Andheri. As we headed to the food court over there, we spotted this Churros kiosk and decided to try the lip-smacking snack.

A churro is a fried dough pastry. Using a churrera, a syringe-like tool, the dough is squeezed into hot oil and fried. Then powdered sugar is sprinkled over it and the dip commonly used is hot chocolate.

It is said that the recipe was brought to Portugal from China and various modifications are prevalent in different parts of the world. It is a common dish in Spain. More info in the Wikipedia…

This is an amazing dish! Those who love chocolate would surely love this snack.

http://www.infinitimall.com/Dining/Kiosks--Cafes/The-Churro-Co

Liked this post? Well..., I have one more interesting blog, click here to check the latest updates there too 😊

17 comments:

Blackswan said...

Churros is very popular in Singapore, & I've a shop selling these just a stone's throw away from my home!

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Wow! That's amazing! Hope you like Churros.

Sherry Ellis said...

There's a big discount store called Sams Club where I live. They sell Churros in their fast-food kiosk. We always stop for one when we go there.

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Nice to hear that you like Churros, Sherry!
Thanks for the comment.

Tanza Erlambang said...

look delicious...
have a great day

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Thank you; have a great day, you too.

Giga said...

I did not have the opportunity to eat it. I think, however, that I would like it. Greetings.

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.
I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more
of your useful info. Thanks for the post.
I will certainly comeback.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the helpful work and producing in the group!

Anonymous said...

Sustain the amazing job !! Lovin' it!

Anonymous said...

Good web site you have got there.

Anonymous said...

Much thanks! This is definitely an wonderful web-site!

Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post. Thanks for providing this
info.

George said...

I haven't had the opportunity to try these, but they sure sound delicious!

Rajiv Sankarapillai said...

Try Churros if you get a chance; I found them yummy!
Thank you so much, George.

Birgitta said...

Looks very good :) I read your words in my blog. Well...some of the problems is that I can't make comments in Wordpress blogs because I must log in there. The thing is that I have deleted my Wordpress blogs... I have write to them and waiting for answer. Until I start up my photoblog again I have Facebook that I can show photos.